Mobile: +254 721 800 028 or +254 737180 002
|PhD. Zoology, (Biology of Conservation)||University of Nairobi||1995|
|MSc. Zoology, (Biology of Conservation)||University of Nairobi||1985|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology||University of Nairobi||1981|
- Environment, Science and Technology. Course book in Military Science. Authors: Mwangi R.W.; Lelo F.K.; Waweru F.K. and Wengulo F.N. Egerton University press (2000).ISBN 9966-838-7
Papers in Reffered Journals
- Waweru F. K. and Jebotip J. (2016) Factors that influence the positioning of meetings, incentives, conferences and events (MICE) destinations in Uasin Gishu County Kenya.International Journal of Social sciences and humkanities Inventions, Vol: 3; 1966 – 1972
- Kamau F. N.; Waweru F. K.; Lewa P.M.and Misiko A. J. (2015). The Effects of the Marketing Mix on Choice of Tourist Accommodation by Domestic Tourists in Kenya. (online Journal) Int. J. Novel Res. in Marketing Mgmt & Eco. V.2, pp 25-34.
- Kamau F. N.; Waweru F. K.; Lewa P.M. and Misiko A. J. (2015). Effects of Psychological factors on Demand for Urban Domestic Tourism in Kenya.Eur. J. Hosp & Tourism research V. 3, pp 12-27.
- Kamau F. N.; Waweru F. K.; Lewa P.M. and Misiko A. J. (2015). Influence of Marketing Communication Channels on Urban Domestic Tourism. Brit. J. Marketing Studies V. 3, pp 1-22.
- Chege P.W. and F. K. Waweru (2014). Assessment of Status, Challenges and Viability of Sum Tourism: Case Study of Kibera Slum in Nairobi, Kenya J. Res. in Humanities and social Science. Vol. 3: 60-67. Vol. 4: 38-48
- Waweru F. K. and W. L. Oleleboo (2013). Human- Wildlife conflicts: The case of Livestock grazing inside Tsavo west National Park, Kenya. J. Res. in Humanities and social Science. Vol. 3: 60-67.
- Waweru F. K. and Kaba J. N. (2013). Habitat Utilization by Hippopotamuses (Hippopotamus amphibious) in Lake Nakuru National park, Kenya. J. appl. Sci. Eng. & Tech. for Devp’t. Vol. 1: 6-12.
- Waweru F. K. and J. O. Owino (2013) Ecological response of Chloris roxburghiana to livestock and wildlife grazing in Chyullu Hills National park and environs, Kenya. Int. J.of Eng. & tech.Vol. 2: 281 – 297
- Mirera D. O,Kairo J.G, Kimani E.K, and Waweru F. K, (2010):Comparison between fish assemblages in mangrove forests and on intertidal flats at Ungwana bay, Kenya. J. Aqua. Ecology. 32(2) : 165-171
- Waweru F. K. (2007) The Rothschild’s giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis rothschildii) food resource composition and distribution in Ruma National park, Kenya. Egerton J. of Sci. & Tech. Vol.7 (1): 25-44).
- Waweru F.K. (2007) The population Status and Distribution of Rothschild’s giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis rothschildii) translocated to Ruma National Park. Egerton J. of Sci. & Tech. Vol.7 (1): 45-54.
- Waweru F.K (2007). Ranging Patterns and Home Range sizes of black Rhinoceros Diceros bicornis in Nairobi National Park. Egerton J. of Sci. & Tech. Vol.7(1): 71-77.
- Waweru F.K (1991). Who gets the food? Pachyderm Vol. 14:29-31.
- Waweru F.K. (1988). Translocation of Rothschild’s giraffe to Kenyan National Park
Successful. Conser. Biol. 2(1): 10-11
- Waweru F.K (1988). The great Rhino Rescue. Animal Kingdom. Vol.92(3) 52-57
- Waweru F.K. (1986). The population status of black Rhinoceros in Nairobi National Park
Swara vol. 9 (4): 33.
Articles Published in Conference Proceedings
- Waweru F.K, (1985). Translocations and Introduction of animals in Lake Nakuru
National Park in Proceedings of workshop on use of research findings of biodiversity. A case of Lake Nakuru National Park, pg. 77 – 81.
- Waweru F.K .(1985). Qualitative Vegetation Analysis of Lake Nakuru National park in
Proceedings of workshop on use of research funding in management and conservation of Biodiversity. A case of Lake Nakuru National Park, pg. 83-87
- Qureshi T. and Waweru F.K .(1986). Comparison of aerial and ground counts of big game at Kiboko National Range Research Station. –Range Development and Research in Kenya. Proceedings of conference held at Egerton College Njoro Kenya, pg. 431-440
- Waweru F.K. (1991). Dietary Composition of the Black Rhinoceros in proceedings of conference on African wildlife Research and management, pg. 35-37
- Waweru F.K. 1990. The Evaluation of Black Rhinoceros Status and Habitat Suitability in Potential Rhino Sanctuaries, Tanzania. Report to TANAPA
- Waweru F.K. and G.M. Muriuki, 1992.Herbivore population status in Samburu District. Report to KWS.
- Bell R. Waweru F.K. and Ngamasa N. 1992. Evaluation report for Selous WWF funded elephant project. Report to WWF,
- Waweru F.K. Musyoki C.M. and Kipchumba A. 1995. Assessment of habitat suitability for black Rhinoceros in Taifa Hills Conservancy area, Amboseli and Mt. Kenya national Parks. Report to KWS.
Postgraduate Theses Successfully Supervised and Examined
a. Demand drivers for urban domestic tourism in Kenya. PhD Thesis by Florence N. Kamau. Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (2015)
b. Interactions between Black Rhino (Diceros bicornis). Giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis) and Elephant (Loxodonta africana) in habitat utilization in Tsavo West National Park , by A.W. Githaiga-MSc Thesis, Egerton University (2012)
c. Status of human –wildlife conflicts and effectiveness of the remedial measures in Tsavo Nationla Park and adjacent areas, Kenya by W. L. Ole Leboo-MSc Thesis, Egerton University (2012)
d. Effects of livestock and wildlife grazing on Botanical composition and primary productivity of selected Graminoid species in the Chyulu Hills National park by J. Owino –MSc Thesis Egerton University (2012)
e. The effect of Mangrove Habitat Degradation on fish Abundance and Diversity in Ungwana Bay, Kenya by Mirera H.O.D. MSc thesis Egerton University (2007)
f. Composition of some mineral nutrients in the natural salt lakes utilized by elephants at Mt. Elgon national park, by Sitienei Ann M.Sc thesis Egerton University (2005)
g. Elephant population status and habitat utilization in sweetwaters wildlife sanctuary in Laikipia district, Kenya. by Ndumbu D.W MSc thesis Egerton University (2004)
h. Resolving Resource use conflicts in Chyulu Hills National Park and its environs. by Margaret N.Mosse MSc. thesis Egerton University (2003)
i. Some ecological aspects of hippopotamus in L.Nakuru National Park by J.Kaba MPhil. Dissertation Moi University (2000)
j. Ecology and habitat utilization for elephants in Rimoi National Reserve by R.G Njeru. MPhil desertation. Moi University (2000)
k. Ecological habitat utilization of the Rothschild giraffe in Ruma National Park. by D.Onyango. MPhil desertation Moi University (2000)
l. Status of phytoplankton community and physico-chemical parameters in Kisumu Bay, L.Victoria, Kenya. by J.A Were. M.Phil desertation Moi University (2000)
m. Ecological segregation in food utilization by browsers in Oljogi Ranch. by J.Kimani MPhil. dissertation Moi University (1997)
Research Projects Completed
1. Population status, feeding strategies and ranging patterns for black rhinoceros in Nairobi national park. – Funded by East African wildlife society and DAAD, 1985
2. Black Rhinoceros food plants in Lake Nakuru national park – funded EAWLS. (1987)
3. Black Rhinoceros translocation to lake Nakuru National Park – funded, NYZS, DAAD WWF
4. Habitat suitability assessment for Black Rhinoceros in Tanzania funded by NYZS. (1991)
5. Population status of Rothchilds giraffe at Soi, Eldoret funded by KWS (1991)
6. Evaluation report for Selous National Reserve Tanzania WWF/elephant project funded by WWF (1992)
7. Emerging issues in Government- Community partnership in Wildlife Management. Funded by Action Aid Kenya (2006).
8. Elephant, Rhino and Giraffe habitat interactions in Tsavo Conservation area. Funded by NCST 2009.
9. Effects of the Aberdares fence on the socio- economic status of communities living adjacent to the Park. Funded by Kimathi University College.
1. The Fourth International Seminar on Remote Sensing for decision makers held in Nairobi,(1982).
2. Range development and research seminar held at Egerton university. (1982)
3. The international symposium on African wildlife – research and management held in Kampala ,(1986).
4. The international symposium on African endangered species held in Kampala, (1991).
5. The workshop on “use of research findings in the management and conservation of biodiversity, hotel Kunste, nakuru” (1994)
6.The stake holders workshop for lake Kamnarok national reserves, Kabarnet (2002)
7. Wildlife utilization and management conference, white sands hotel. (2004)