Designation: Tutorial Fellow
Contact: :+254 721 586 708
Department: Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Cultural event promotion and sponsorship
- Hospitality Management.
|Masters in Hospitality and Tourism Management||Kenyatta University||2015|
|Bachelors Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management||Kenyatta University||2009|
|Tutorial Fellow||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||May 2015 to Date|
|External Part-Time Lecturer||Egerton University||2010-2015|
|Part-Time Lecturer||Technical University of Kenya||2013-2014|
|Travel Logistics & Field Monitoring Assistant||Population Services International, Kenya||2008-2009|
Areas of Expertise
- Hospitality Management
- Events Management.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Olanga, C.A., Gesage, B., & Murungi, C (2015). Planning expertise, variables influencing Performance outcomes and management of wedding planning firms in Nairobi County, Kenya. African Journal of Tourism Hospitality and Leisure Studies 1(1).
Publications in conference proceedings
- Olanga, C., Gesage, B., & Murungi, C. (2014). Planning Expertise, Variables Influencing Performance Outcomes and Management of Wedding Organization Firms in Nairobi County, Kenya.
Paper Presented in International Antalya Hospitality Tourism and Travel Research Conference 9th-12th December 2014 Porto Bello Hotel Antalya; Turkey. ISBN: 978-605-4483-22-8
Awards, Scholarships and Recognitions
- Vice Chancellor’s Post Graduate Tuition Grant, Kenyatta University, Kenya(September 2009- September 2011) Support level: Kshs. 300,000
- MSc. thesis: Impact of Firmographics, Expertise, Constraints and Constraint Management Methods on Weddings Organized by Wedding Planning Firms in Nairobi County, Kenya.
Other Academic and Professional Achievements
- French Café Crème 2, Alliance Francias Nairobi, Kenya (2002)